Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Day of Waiting and Waiting

Today was a free day. We had not appointments or requirements today. We ate breakfast with Eric and Elizabeth, the couple from Nebraska. They had their court appearance today and passed. Greg and I came back to the room to wait on their return and took naps. Yes, I even took a nap. All the travel and stress was catching up to me I guess because usually naps are not on my agenda.
When Eric and Elizabeth returned we talked to them about court and found out a few things to expect. We then all discussed the return trip to pick up the children with Svetlana and Sergey. We will be returning at the same time Eric and Elizabeth are returning. Eric and Elizabeth left for lunch on the way to the airport so Greg and I walked around looking for souvenirs. We bought a few things and came back to the hotel and spent the rest of the afternoon looking at possible flights and apartments for the return trip.
For dinner we decided to try the Argentinean Big Beef House. They had an English menu so we thought it was safe for us since we do not speak any Russian. We ordered and in a few minutes our waiter came back trying to explain something about the steaks we ordered. We did not really understand what he was saying but agreed to something. We soon found out exactly what we agreed to when the ticket came. The steaks were priced by the gram not by the steak. We thought we were paying about twelve dollars for our steaks plus about 4 dollars for a baked potato. When the ticket arrived we realized we were paying twelve dollars a gram for the steak. Needless to say dinner tonight is most likely the most expensive meal Greg and I have ever eaten. The steak was good but not that good. We decided this meal just added to the "Adoption Experience". Traveling in a foreign country has all kinds of challenges and eating out is just one of those challenges. Next time we see an Argentinean Steak House we will know not to even step inside.
Tomorrow our court hearing is scheduled for 10:30am. While you are sleeping tonight, all of you except JJ that is since she is in Africa. Please pray that the proceedings go smoothly and we have wonderful news to blog about tomorrow.
Love to all and thanks so much for keeping us in your prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Please call me when court is over on 8000 number!! I don't care what time it is over here! I will probably be awake praying anyways!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greg and Rayla,
    I just got finished reading your blog. I talked to the girls and told them what was going on with you guys. Dennis is putting them to bed and I was in the other room. I could hear Sydney praying and she said, "Please help Miss Rayla and Mr. Greg get home soon with their new children." I couldn't have said it better. We are all praying!!!!

    ReplyDelete