Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Things are very different here

So I new the jet lag would be difficult so I'm up at 2:30 am Moscow time.  Rayla is still in bed so I left the room so she could get some sleep.

I didn't sleep any on the plane, I just couldn't get comfortable.  We paid a little extra to get sets with more leg room.  We should have seen if we could pay extra for wider seats.  They were the kind that had the light/call switch and headphone jacks beside  you instead of on top of the arm rest.  It was a very tight fit for me.  We even got an exit row.  What we didn't know is that the exit row is also very cold.  I gave Rayla my blanket since she was so cold.

The traffic/driving is crazy here.  People double parking everywhere, no blinkers, pull out when you want and others will break...  I'm glad we are not driving and have someone to do it for us.

The food has not been too good so far.  On the plane we had some kind of chicken with with some rice and veggies.  However they didn't say anything about the honey mustard dressing so I had to struggle to get it down.  However the brownie for desert was great.  Then for breakfast they served something that looked like a hotpocket.  They said it was a southwestern egg something or another.  I wish they would have left it in the southwest.  But I ate it along with a banana and some orange juice.  As you can tell I was hungry.  Then for supper we when to some underground mall and found a food court.  We didn't see anything we really wanted, but two places looked like food we could get from America.  One had hamburger, chicken and french fries, but Rayla is trying to cut down on her salt so we went with Sabara pizza.  Rayla had a ham and cheese "hot pocket" and I had two slices of pepperoni.  She didn't like hers at all and mine tasted like a really bad frozen pizza.  But we ate most of it anyway.

The people here dress like they are stuck in the 80's.  Rayla noted that a lot of they guys were things that look like girl clothing.  Guys love to where jeans and roll them up.  I think I make take a few picks today and post them for everyone to see.   The girls love to wear high heals and funky shoes.

Well my battery is about to run out so I'll update again when I can.  Hopefully not at 2:30 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment