Thursday, June 30, 2011

July 4th We Travel to Russia

Greg and I will be traveling to Russia July 4th and return the 11th. To say we are excited is an understatement for sure! We will be meeting with the Centre of Adoption in the region of Samara on July 7th. This will involve a psychological profile evaluation and an interview with the adoption officials where we will officially receive the referrals for Olivia Ann Polina and John Mark Baytimir.

July 8th we will travel to the city of Syzran to visit Olivia Ann. We hope to be able to visit the majority of the day with Olivia Ann. We have a list of questions to ask the orphanage officials about Olivia Ann and John Mark, general health and any family history they can give us. On the 9th we will visit with Olivia Ann once again and then travel Toyliatti to visit John Mark. We will spend the rest of the 9th and all of the 10th in Toyliatti.

We are taking a few toys and books that Granny and JJ bought for the children to play with while we are with them. We are also taking blankets that Sammie Wright embroidered for us. We will take no less than a million pictures I am sure.

Please pray for our trip. Please pray for Tucker while we are apart. Tucker will be living the good life in Tennessee with Granny and Bop and very importantly to him with cousins Alex and Lucas. Please pray for safe travel and a smooth visit at the Centre of Adoption. We ask also that you pray for our time with Olivia Ann and John Mark. Please say an extra prayer for our peace as we will have to leave Olivia Ann on the 9th and then again for peace as we leave John Mark on the 10th. The waiting has been so difficult but I know leaving these precious children in Russia and returning to wait for an unknown length of time is going to be extremely difficult. I know that God will give us the courage, strength and peace that we will need to come home and get everything ready for their homecoming. We will only survive through prayer and support of family and friends.

We leave Russia on the 11th at 12:45pm and arrive in Atlanta at 3:45pm. It will be an extra long day with the time change.  Thank you for all your prayers and encouragement throughout the adoption process.

4 comments:

  1. I was just thinking Wednesday when we left your house that you needed to blog again!!!! I'm so glad you're doing this! So happy and excited for you, Greg and Tucker and I can't wait to meet these two little darlings!!!!! :) Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just reading your blog lifted my heart and my Spirit so much. I am so glad that this seemingly never-ending journey is having an end. I know how excited you guys must be and of course, we will cover you in prayers the whole time. I know you will bring back millions of pictures and we cant wait to see them. I am glad we have a prayer-answering God. Have a safe trip and see you when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rayla! They are so precious! You are going to be so blessed by this whole experience...I can't wait to see them in your home.

    BTW, I'm so jealous that you're going to Russia. We miss it. Can I sneak in a suitcase? :) So happy for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very happy for you and praying for your precious babies. I look forward to meeting them. What beautiful names.

    God bless you and Greg and all your babies.

    ReplyDelete